Steeple Aston Life is the monthly magazine for Steeple Aston and Middle Aston. It is delivered free of charge to every home in the two villages and is also available in the village shop, at 50p per copy.
Also known as SAL, or the Life, the magazine has been published every month since 1973. In April 2015 it celebrated its 500th edition with a special issue. In 2014 it won the “Best Content” category of the National Parish Magazine awards coming third overall and in 2016 came second overall, winning the ‘Best Editor” category from over 600 entries nationwide.
The 50-page magazine features a wide variety of articles, including:
- a Directory of village organisations, contact names and phone numbers.
- useful local information such as church service times, arts listings, and a calendar with dates, times and venues of local events.
- a Noticeboard.
- regular reports from village clubs and societies (the WI, Golf Society, Cricket club, Valentine club, Guides, etc).
- reports on the Parish Council meetings each month.
- updates on issues of particular local importance, such as Government policy, plans and progress regarding conservation, commercial and housing development, etc.
- regular columns from the Rector, a local District Councillor, and our MP.
- articles on a wide variety of subjects: the history of the village, profiles of village residents, gardening tips, ecological issues, cookery, places to visit locally, reminiscences of village life in the past, poems, the achievements of young residents, and more.
- adverts and information about village events: the Harvest Supper, Bonfire Night, social events, concerts, drama productions, fund-raising events.
- an opportunity for residents to express their views through letters to the Editor.
- a puzzle for children and a puzzle for adults each month.
- adverts for a wide variety of local commercial businesses and services.
If you wish to contribute an article to the magazine, or to include a notice, report or letter please contact the Editor.
For all matters relating to advertising, please contact Charlotte Bartlett. Further details on page 1 of the magazine.
Editor: Heather Sherkunov
Tel: 01869 518121
Advertising: Charlotte Bartlett
Tel: 01869 347347
Treasurer: Vaughan Billings
Tel: 01869 340857
Secretary: Jenny Taylor
Tel: 01869 340551