Dr Radcliffe’s is a Church of England Primary School with approximately 200 pupils. It was founded in 1640 by Dr Samuel Radcliffe who was Rector of Steeple Aston and Principal of Brasenose College Oxford. He established the Dr Radcliffe’s School Foundation, whose board of Trustees have continued to support the school since the Trust’s inception.
The school has flourished over the years and moved in stages to its present site at Fir Lane. The Dr Radcliffe’s Trust has contributed to many improvements to the school buildings and grounds over the last 25 years which have included the playground, music room and IT suite, improvements to the hall, and classroom extensions.
In addition to this, the Trust also funded the Samuel Radcliffe building, a community building for use by the Early Birds and After School Clubs and other community projects. The Trust continues to lend great support to the running of the school by paying some salaries. Samuel Radcliffe is remembered at the end of the Summer Term each year, when Founder’s Day is celebrated.
The school’s vision for the children is to be the best they can, in all they do. It aims to create an educational environment in which every individual in valued and nurtured within a caring and supportive community.
The school has also been judged outstanding in its last two Church inspections (SIAMS), the most recent being in March 2018.
To download a copy of the last Ofsted report, please click here.
For latest SIAMS report, please click here.
To go to the school website, please click here
Headteacher: Mrs Frances Brown
Dr Radcliffe’s CE Primary School
Tel: 01869 340204