On this page you can place small advertisements for people required in a voluntary or paid capacity, and for items wanted or for sale. This service is provided free of charge only to individuals living in Steeple and Middle Aston or nearby. It is not available to businesses, which can be included in the Local Directory if they are based in the village or provide goods and services to the village.
To place an advert, please email email@example.com. Remember to include either a phone number or an email address. Adverts will normally stay on the site for a maximum of one month. If you’d like to recycle your goods or give them away free, look on the Oxfordshire County Council website for ideas of who to contact.
Vacancy at Dr Radcliffe’s Primary School
This position has been reopened for applications
SAVA Personalities book for sale
Martin Lipson, Chairman of SAVA writes:
Steeple Aston Village Archive relies on the generosity of our supporters to keep our charitable work going, researching and archiving the history of our two villages. Our latest book is based on the 2022 exhibition “Village Personalities of Steeple and Middle Aston” – featuring more than 30 people who made a real contribution to the villages, and in some cases to the wider world. So please consider buying one or more copies (and any previous books that you do not already have) by looking at our shop HERE.
SAVA books make great presents! All orders will be delivered to your door, or posted.
If you would like to make a donation to SAVA, you could make payment by BACS to Steeple Aston Village Archive Fund a/c no.00683831, sort code 30-04-13.
Other books available from SAVA are:
- Steeple Aston at Work
- Farming in Steeple and Middle Aston
- The History of Steeple Aston Church
- Our Village School – the history of Dr Radcliffe’s School
- Steeple Aston and the USAF at Upper Heyford
- The Steeple Aston Enclosure Map
- The Gardens of Steeple Aston – 150 years of village gardening
- Steeple Aston Through the Lens -150 years of photography of village life
- The development of Steeple and Middle Aston – understanding our houses through the centuries
- Business and Trade in Steeple Aston
- Steeple Aston at War
SAVA also has available CDs and DVDs:
- Steeple Aston Book Collection: Three rare histories about the village by the Reverend C C Brookes and William Wing have been scanned to a CD.
- DVD of 460 editions of Steeple Aston Life 1973 – 2011
- Gazetteer of Houses: A full listing of every house and other buildings of significance in the two villages, Steeple and Middle Aston
- 101 Photographs of Steeple Aston: photographs from the SAVA archive on a CD.
For details of all these and more go to the SAVA website: www.steepleastonarchive.org.uk
Home Caregivers required
The North Oxfordshire branch of Home Instead is looking to recruit more caregivers. The homecare provider, based in Deddington, offers a range of non-medical services to help seniors and their families feel secure, confident and happy in their own homes.
They say: “Do you like cake? 76 year old Mary does. We have a lot of clients like Mary that would like someone to have a slice of cake and a cup of tea with. If you have a kind, caring nature this is the job for you. Great rates of pay and flexible hours.”
For contact details and to find out more about Home Instead, please click here.