On this page you can place small advertisements for people required in a voluntary or paid capacity, and for items wanted or for sale. This service is provided free of charge only to individuals living in Steeple and Middle Aston. It is not available to businesses, which can be included in the Local Directory if they are based in the village or provide goods and services to the village.
To place an advert, please email email@example.com. Remember to include either a phone number or an email address. Adverts will normally stay on the site for a maximum of one month.
If you’d like to recycle your goods or give them away for free, you can advertise them on Freebay in the Village Forum.
Players wanted for Deddington Town FC ladies team
We are looking for players from 16 years and above to join and be part of the Deddington Town FC ladies team. We plan to do fun and enjoyable fitness themed football training sessions on Monday evenings from January 2017 at the Windmill Centre from 7.00 to 8.00pm. As the season progresses we will look to arrange some friendlies against local teams.
If you would like further information, then please contact Jodie Perry on 07917 860119 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Joseph Wilkins’ Birdseye view
Copies of the Joseph Wilkins birdseye view of the village which featured on the cover of the 500th edition of Steeple Aston Life are available to buy from the Bodleian Library.
A 10″x8″ printed image costs £22.80, or you can buy a digital scan by email for £27.24. The website for downloading the form to apply for these is: www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/bodley/using-this-library/imaging_services.
You will need to quote the shelf reference “Dep. a. 48, fol. 3”, and to state that the purchase is only for private use.
New SAVA book on USAF Upper Heyford published
SAVA has published a new book about the relationship between Steeple Aston and the USAF at Upper Heyford in the years from 1951 to 1994.
Packed with photos, there are also cartoons from press coverage of the campaign to stop the noise of jets flying over the village, stories of crashes, quotations from local people and those who lived and worked at the Base, and much more.
Priced £9.95 plus p&p it can be purchased from SAVA’s website at www.steepleastonarchive.org.uk
Also available from SAVA
There a several other books, DVDs and CDs available from SAVA. They include:
- The Steeple Aston Enclosure Map
- The Gardens of Steeple Aston – 150 years of Village Gardening
- Steeple Aston Through the Lens -150 years of Photography of Village Life
- DVD of 460 editions of Steeple Aston Life 1973 – 2011
- Gazetteer of Houses: A full listing of every house and other buildings of significance in the two villages, Steeple and Middle Aston
- The development of Steeple and Middle Aston – understanding our houses through the centuries: a booklet based on the 2010 exhibition traces the history of houses in both villages from the earliest origins to the latest proposals.
- 101 Photographs of Steeple Aston: photographs from the SAVA archive on a CD.
- Village Personalities: a booklet based on the 2009 exhibition.
- Steeple Aston Book Collection: Three rare histories about the village by the Reverend C.C.Brookes and William Wing have been scanned to a CD.
For details of all these and more go to the SAVA website: www.steepleastonarchive.org.uk