Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. *

Family history
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Family history
Mary McNamara

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2018, 10:41:15 PM »

Just joined this forum after discovering that some of my ancestors lived in Steeple Aston.  I know for definite that an aunt was born there in 1899 but I think the connection goes back much further.  Just wondering if there are any Marshalls living in the village or if anybody knows of any that have ever lived there who could be related, this is just to help me complete a family tree. My aunt and her parents moved to Birmingham in the early 1900's.
Bridget Lewis

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 02:22:39 PM »

Mary
I'm not aware of anyone with the surname Marshall currently living in the village (but I don't know everyone here!). If you could give a few more details about your aunt, especially her name (and possibly any details of her parents or any siblings or other family members), I may be able to find out a bit more.
Bridget
Mary McNamara

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 10:54:46 PM »

My aunt was born in Steeple Aston and baptised 20th August 1899. Her name was May Amelia Marshall, parents Alfred and Amelia Marshall. I am just interested why they were in Steeple Aston and who they were living with as they were from Birmingham and had returned there by 1901. Alfred's family were originally from Avon Dassett so they could possibly have other family members in the area.
Bridget Lewis

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 09:22:42 AM »

Mary
I haven't yet managed to find anything in the village archive relating to your aunt. I will continue to look and, if I find anything, I will let you know.
Bridget

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: