Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. *

Can you help?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Can you help?
Richard Preston

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2017, 10:32:15 AM »

I have been asked to make a presentation to a county group on "How do we attract unusual suspects?"  The reason behind this is that, like most villages, many organisations or societies within a village or community are run by the same few people.  Why ask me?  For those of you who don't know me, I have lived in the village all of my life and at present 'chair' no less than four village organisations.  Along with me at any committee meetings tend to be the same few faces.  Is  this right?  Why are there very few 'new' faces wanting to help organise village activities?  Maybe those same old faces are doing an amazing job OR are others intimidated by the fact that Richard Preston or the like have done it for years and be upset by "new ideas" by "new people"?  I don't know the answer but would welcome your views.  I have very broad shoulders so please be honest with your replies.  And talking replies, I would have to assume that if no posts are made on the village website over the next few days, nobody has bothered to read this or they assume others will reply.  PLEASE respond!!!!!  My presentation is on Thursday 16th November.  HELP!!!!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: