Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. *

Your chance to influence the village
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Your chance to influence the village
Richard Preston

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2017, 05:56:57 PM »

I can't remember such an opportunity to become involved in village matters before with three vacancies available to become a parish councillor.  No matter what perception you might have of local government in its lowest form, being a parish councillor can and does make a significant difference to the welfare of the village.  It might be in the administration of grass cutting or weed control or it might be the development of new sports facilities or car schemes.  When I became a parish councillor 25 years ago the village did not have a play area or a decent sports pitch.  The village hall struggled to make progress until the PC secured a long lease on the property.  The sport and recreation centre was a derelict shell offering very little for users other than protection from the rain.  So many things have changed and hopefully for the better and now a wonderful opportunity has arisen for three new councillors to make their impact on village life.  The village owes a 'vote of thanks' to John Coley, the outgoing chairman and Rose McCready for their contribution during their time as councillors. I enjoyed my time representing the people of Steeple Aston and hopefully some 'new blood' will take our village forward in a positive manner.  Don't be afraid!  Have a go!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 09:28:21 AM by Editor » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: