News: December 13, 2017, 02:00:08 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. *

Using this Forum
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Using this Forum
peterbell
« on: February 28, 2008, 02:47:50 PM »

While we all get used to using the new Forum, I thought it might be useful to start a topic where we can all exchange information about questions, wrinkles and glitches we come across - in the hope it'll help us all to learn the system quicker.
For example, if you ever forget your password (OK - I admit it - I did), the log-in screen enables you to ask for an email to be sent to you with an internet link to a site where you can choose a new password.
It works fine - except that on my system the email ended up in my Spam/Junk Mail folder - and it took me a while to realise that.
So if you're trying to re-set your password in this way and you can't find the promised email, remember it may have been wrongly labelled as Spam.
If you have any other difficulties using the Forum, share them with everyone here so that the experts on the website committee can try to help.
Or if you're really stuck and can't do that, email the Editor at editor@steepleaston.org.uk
Happy Forumming!
Mel Smith

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 04:23:19 PM »

The favourite topic. Yes the Bottle sounds ideal therefore April 1st for the grand opening. Who is going to cut the tape for such an auspicious occassion?
Richard Preston

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 02:33:44 PM »

Using the forum is easy BUT I can't find an easy way of returning to the village web-site.  Can anyone help?
Dean Cox
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 01:47:36 PM »

Using the forum is easy BUT I can't find an easy way of returning to the village web-site.  Can anyone help?

Link added to the top of the page! ("Steeple Aston Online" text)
Peter Bell

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 02:36:55 PM »

Dean Cox, for those of you who don't already know, is the technical brains behind the Steeple Aston website.
Without him, the site simply wouldn't exist - and he's come up trumps again.
Thanks for responding to Richard's request, Dean. The link from the Forum back to the main part of the website is very useful.
Amanda Tosh

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 07:43:46 PM »

I found that a problem - great work Dean!

Dean Cox
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 05:31:55 PM »

Dean Cox, for those of you who don't already know, is the technical brains behind the Steeple Aston website.
Without him, the site simply wouldn't exist - and he's come up trumps again.
Thanks for responding to Richard's request, Dean. The link from the Forum back to the main part of the website is very useful.

"technical brains" - Should read "person muddling along, learning (and forgetting) on the fly.."
Candy Stairs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 09:49:55 PM »

Shocked I just found out about this website from the radio broadcast. Why didn't I know about it sooner? Did I miss something or are you in need of some more word of mouth?  Smiley
Editor
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 08:38:11 PM »

Glad you've found us now Candy! But I am disappointed to hear you didn't know about the website. We did leaflet all the houses in Steeple and Middle Aston, and we advertise in Steeple Aston Life and on noticeboards. We plan to give out more leaflets at village events later in the year. Do you have any other ideas that might help?
Clearly we are in need of lots more word of mouth, so please do tell as many people as you can!
Amanda Tosh

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 01:21:59 PM »

You could put something in the Steeple Aston Life as a reminder  Cheesy
Marian
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 08:43:21 PM »

Hi have been looking at the website on frequent occasions  Smiley but only just joined the forum Wink

Will keep the word of mouth going Cheesy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: